This week’s Weekly Docket contains job opportunities in Atlanta, Florida, and Montana.
Job Opportunity: Georgia Housing Corps Fellowships
The Georgia Housing Corps (GHC) is an Equal Justice Works initiative designed to promote community redevelopment and address housing instability for low-income residents in communities harmed by the foreclosure crisis throughout the state of Georgia. The GHC is currently hiring Fellows and Community Advocates at the following location:
- Atlanta Legal Aid Society (Fulton County, GA)
Contact Michelle Gaeng at email@example.com if you’re interested in applying for a GHC Fellowship position.
Job Opportunity: Attorney, Florida Department of Health
This is an entry level lawyer position. The incumbent will generally handle fewer or less complex disciplinary cases and may work independently under infrequent supervision.
- The incumbent in this position provides legal services to the Department in evaluating and prosecuting violations of state law and administrative rules by licensees of the various professions regulated by the boards. Services are provided on an independent basis and reviewed through supervisor conferences and review of case files, reports, pleadings and orders.
- Prepares recommended action for Probable Cause Panels to include dismissals, letters of guidance or Administrative Complaints; presents cases before the probable cause panels.
- Drafts pleadings, discovery and legal memoranda; represents the Department before the Division of Administrative Hearings and in Circuit Court. Provides timely and professional representation in all aspects of litigation, including timely drafting of pleadings and discovery; trial preparation; motions practice; presentation of the case at hearing or trial; preparation of post hearing pleadings in accordance with statute and rule.
- Maintains case files, reviews investigative and legal files; timely responds to public records requests, inquiries from counsel, requests pursuant to Chapter 456, Florida Statutes, and other agencies regarding current cases. Prepares and presents cases for final action before the boards.
Read more and apply here.
Job Opportunity: State of Montana, Law Clerk
The 1st Judicial District is recruiting for a law clerk. The successful candidate will provide legal research and support for the District Court Judge James Reynolds. The successful candidate will draft legal memos on contested motions, draft portions of legal opinions and court orders. The successful candidate will also conference with judge concerning legal questions, legal theories and content of opinions and orders.
Read more and apply here.